Meet Supermarket Worker Who Ate Party-sized Birthday Cake Everyday For A Year


Supermarket worker Adam Williams needed therapy to kick his addiction to eating a whole party-sized birthday cake every day for a year.
The Asda employee revealed he had hypnosis to rid himself of the bizarre habit which left him with excruciating ­headaches – and four stone ­overweight.
Adam, 29, would buy the giant sponges – intended to feed 40 people – after they were reduced at the end of his shift.
He said: “The cakes just became part of my routine. I would eat them like someone else would eat breakfast.


“After a little while I wasn’t even eating them because I really enjoyed them, it’s just what I did – I ate cake.”
Sweet-toothed Adam ballooned to 15 stone after scoffing the sugary treats on a daily basis for more than a year.
He only decided to seek help for his cake habit when he began getting excruciating headaches if he did not have his fix.
Adam, from Coventry, said: “I started to suffer severe migraines and I guess that was because of all the sugar, if it was withdrawn from my body I felt horrible.
“It wasn’t even the cake itself that got me hooked. I just loved the sugary icing and the rest of the cake was a bonus.
If we ever had more than one stored I would just eat them all. They were so cheap from work that I kept buying them.
"They were meant to feed about 40 people.”
Adam, who lives with his girlfriend ­Chardelle, also 29, has now slimmed down to 11 stone ­— and swapped eating calorific cake for drinking healthy water instead.
He added: “I’ve never been slim, I’ve always carried some weight.
“Then the cakes started and I piled on the pounds without noticing it. It was only when I looked at the pictures that I realised how much weight I was carrying.
“Then I went to a hypnotherapy clinic as a desperate attempt to lose the weight as nothing else had worked.
“They were really good and after a session I immediately found myself drinking more water and just naturally eating less.
"I feel so much better now I’m down at 11 stone. I have much more enthusiasm for everything.”