Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record

More than 300,000 children from over 300 Nigerian schools have set a new world record for the most people brushing their teeth at the same time.
The largest gathering was at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos, with smaller events organised simultaneously at hundreds of other locations across the capital.
Nigerian Dental Association's president, Dr Olurotimi Olojede, said the event aimed to teach pupils how to brush and to help them understand the
importance of good oral hygiene.
He said: "Bringing our children, school children, letting them know the importance of brushing and having good oral hygiene. I think it is a good thing at this point in time for our country."
The participants enjoyed the experience with some already planning to tell their future children about it.
One boy said: "At the beginning, I was having second thoughts about it.
"But by the end, I'm quite happy I was part of this experience. And I think this is history I'm going to pass down, definitely, to my children."
One girl added: "It was fun. I learned a lot of things and I had an experience that I don't think I'll ever forget."
They smashed the previous record set in India in 2007 where 177,003 people brushed their teeth at the same time.

Labels: