VIDEO: Vampire Couple Drinks Each Other's Blood Weekly

A lot of couples have weekly traditions, but most are not as strange as the one shared by Lia Benninghoff and Aro Draven.
As you can see in the GRAPHIC video above, the real-life vampires make it a point to drink each other's blood once a week.

Benninghoff, 20, met Draven, 38, on a dating website this past February and, while both were into the gothic lifestyle, he wanted a more intimate relationship.
“When he explained that blood sharing would bring us closer together, I asked him to turn me," Benninghoff said, according to the Daily Star. "Aro cut himself with a razor and offered me his blood. Then I cut myself and he drank from me too. Suddenly I felt the energy rushing through me. It was a magical experience –- much more intimate than sex.”
With a connection like that, it would be silly not to tie the knot so the couple is planning a wedding on Halloween, Hir24.hu reported.
But they haven't yet told Benninghoff's parents that her daughter has "converted" to vampirism.
"My parents are totally happy with the relationship I have with Aro [but] they don't know we're both vampires and that Aro was the one who turned me," she told Barcroft TV. "They know that we're both of the dark, gothic nature and they're very happy for us."
As bloody strange as Benninghoff's and Draven's plasma-drinking past time might seem, they aren't the only blood drinkers around.
Julia Caples, 45, is a real-life vampire in Wilkes Barre, Penn. who drinks almost two liters of blood every month. She sucks the liquid from the backs of willing donors she meets at an occult and oddities store she runs near her home.
"When I feed off of a person and drink their blood I feel stronger and healthier," she said, according to the Mirror. "I know scientifically there's not a lot of nutrition in blood, but maybe there's some value we haven't discovered yet."

Labels: