Mother Puts 4-Month-Old Child For Sale Online

A young British mom who tried to sell one of her children on the internet has had both of her children taken from her by Social Services.
The 20-year-old woman posted an ad on the popular site Gumtree (similar to Craigslist) offering her 4-month-old child for sale. The asking price was 150,000 pounds (about $225,000).
After hundreds of concerned viewers reported the listing, social services authorities showed up at the mother’s house. They took both the 4-month-
old listed in the ad and his 2-year-old brother.
The mother claims the ad was just a joke, but she doesn’t appear to be convincing any authorities.
“I put it on Gumtree that I was selling a baby for £150,000. I just plucked that number out of thin air and I claimed I was acting as an agent for a friend,” the mother said. “It was very stupid and I shouldn’t have done it, but I didn’t think it would be taken seriously. I love my boys. I had been joking with my ex about selling sperm and eggs and he sort of dared me to put up a baby for sale – but I didn’t mean our children. I was crying and begging at this one social worker’s feet, but she just took my son away.”

Labels: